Coastal Cameras Warranty Coverage:
All orders are automatically registered for the warranty, with the valid warranty claim date from the date of purchase.
Coastal Cameras adhere to the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act, which covers you for a “reasonable” amount of time.
Coastal Cameras warranty coverage scales linearly with the price of the product as follows;
- $0-$999 item is covered for 2 years
- $1,000-$2999 item is covered for 3 years
- $3,000+ item is covered for 5 years
Please note coverage is provided for each separate item purchased. Purchasing a $2000 Camera with a $1500 Lens will provide 3 years coverage for each item as opposed to 5 years for both. If you have any questions about warranty coverage please reach out via our Contact Us page.
How to submit a warranty claim?
Please send an email to [email protected] with your order number and #RMA as the subject line. Please give a detailed description of the issue as well as an attachment of the original invoice.
Please be aware we do not cover items under warranty for any of the following reason(s):
- Accidental Damage
- Use outside of manufacturers specifications
- Water Damage
In the event that one of the above incidents has occurred your contents insurer is the best party to consult on these matters.
Coastal Cameras shall not be liable for:
- Any data and information loss and corrupted files during the repair process. To avoid any loss, we highly recommend you have backed-up all the data by yourself
- Any changes in settings, system (firmware/software update) during the repair process
- Any delays due to non-controllable factors (parts of element shortage, bad weather, and shipping carrier delays etc.)